Felin Fach, Blaenpennal

Y Felin Fach , Blaenpennal, near Tregaron, Ceredigion. SY23 4TP

A small (as indicated by name) village oat mill, dating back to at least 1690. The mill was in continuous use until the 1950’s when the miller David Jones died, however the weir and leat continued to supply water to the pond, which was used for sheep washing. The present waterwheel made by Eagle Foundry Aberystwyth was installed in the 1920’s. Currently under restoration, but complete with machinery and drying kiln. Roof, floors and waterwheel now restored.

Here’s a video of the restored wheel turning for the first time in 60 years.

Felin Fach by John Brandrick (milldrawings.com)

Location – Grid reference – SN 629 643 By river bridge over River Aeron White buildings with pond in front. Not open to visitors at present.