- Two meetings, in Spring and Autumn, in different parts of Wales and the Borders, with lectures and visits to mills not normally open to the public.
- Occasional trips to study mills outside Wales. Recent visits include Ireland, Dorset, the Isle of Man and Somerset.
- A quarterly newsletter with news and information.
- A journal, Melin, normally published annually, with detailed studies of mills and related subjects.
- Occasional Forum meetings, primarily for mill owners and operators, but all members welcome, to discuss issues and share experience and solutions.
- Access to help and guidance about all aspects of mills and milling, whether for research or ownership.
- Help and advice on finding mill properties for sale and locating mill equipment, parts or services.
- Practical assistance and help in maintaining or restoring a mill from our team of volunteer workers; the Mucky Mills Gang.
- The opportunity to join the Mucky Mills Gang and get involved in practical projects such as leat clearing and restoring machinery.
- Access to our small Mills Restoration Fund, which can also be helpful when applying for larger grants elsewhere.
- The opportunity to become involved in projects to record mills, such as locating and listing farm waterwheels and recording local milling terms.
- Occasional training events, including maintaining and working a corn mill, and current recording techniques.
- Last, but not least, the opportunity to share experience and knowledge with other members of the Society, in person at our meetings and through our Facebook and website pages.
If you would like to join the Welsh Mills Society please print out and complete the Membership application form and send it with a cheque or postal order (please do not send cash through the post), payable to the Welsh Mills Society, to:
The Membership Secretary, Welsh Mills Society
Coed Trewernau Mill, Abbeycwmhir, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 6PG
The current rates of membership are:
Individual / Family Membership: £20.00 per annum
Corporate Membership: £30.00 per annum
The subscription year runs from 01 November to 31 October.
If you would like to pay by Standing Order through your bank, please contact the membership secretary for details either by post (address above) or email (email@example.com).
From 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulations came into force. Organisations such as the Welsh Mills Society need to make sure that they have the permission of members to hold information on them.
We hold names and postal addresses, also email addresses, phone numbers and members’ interests where supplied, for our members in an electronic database accessible only to members of the Committee.
We hold only information that you have sent directly to us through application forms and correspondence either by post or electronically.
We use your contact information for the distribution of the newsletter and Melin, to contact you about other Welsh Mills Society matters and to administer membership subscriptions.
We do not share the information we hold about you. If another member wishes to contact you we will ask your permission before releasing your contact details.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us holding this information, or if you have any queries, by contacting the Membership Secretary as above.
Ar 25 Mai 2018, daeth Rheolai Diogeli Data Cyffredinol i rym. Mae’n rhaid i sefydliadau fel Cymdeithas Melinau Cymru sicrhau bod ganddynt caniatâd aelodau i gasglu a dal gwybodaeth amdanynt.
Mae gennym enwau a chyfeiriadau aelodau, yn ogystal â chyfeiriadau ebost, rhifau ffôn a, mewn rhai achosion, manylion o’u diddordebau melinyddol. Cedwir rhain ar ffurf bâs data electroneg sydd ar gael i aelodau’r pwyllgor yn unig.
Yr unig wybodaeth sydd gennym yw’r hyn yr ydych wedi eu danfon atom yn uniongyrchol, naill a’i mewn llythr, ffurflen gais am aelodaeth neu ar ffurf electroneg.
Defnyddir y gwybodaeth hyn er mwyn dosbarthu’r cylchlythr a Melin, i gysylltu â chi ynglun â materion eraill yn ymwneud â Chymdeithas Melinau Cymru, ac i drefnu tanysgrifiadau aelodaeth.
Nid ydym yn rhannu’r gwybodaeth sydd gennym amdanoch. Os oes aelod arall yn dymuno cysylltu â chi, mi wnawn ni ofyn am eich caniatâd cyn rhyddhau’r gwybodaeth.
Mae gennych yr hawl i wrthod i ni gadw’r gwybodaeth yma, neu, os oes gennych unrhyw gwestiynnau, yna cysylltwch â’r Ysgrifennydd Aelodaeth.