Llanrhystud,Ceredigion SY23 5AL
Felin Ganol is one of only two commercial working water powered cornmills with original machinery in West Wales. Located near the ford in Llanrhystud, it appears on the 1841 tithe map and was associated with the ancient Moelifor estate which dates back to the 16th century or earlier. Restoration of the mill began in 2007, the pond was refilled in 2008 and after laying idle for nearly 50 years, in February 2009 the original French Burr stones turned again to mill wholemeal flour. More than ten years on, our two pairs of French Burr stones turn most days, grinding organically grown grains to produce a range of stoneground flours, just as they did one hundred and fifty years ago.